Need help for implementing UI for MD4 display

Jay Raut 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated 4 years ago 5

I want to design a display page on MD4 display.

I want to design a couple of gauges to display Engine speed RPM, Battery Voltage, Hydraulic Oil temperature etc.

I am attaching an image of my current implementation to give a fair idea of what I have implemented and what I need.

I have currently designed a gauge which has a "circular bar" embedded into it acting as the Engine speed indicator.

The "circular bar" is green in color and is only single color. I want to design the "circular bar" in such a way that it changes its color dynamically. Meaning, based on the Engine speed value, the circular bar shall change its color.

For Example:

1. 0 RPM to 1000 RPM = circular bar color Green.

2. 1000 RPM to 1500 RPM = circular bar color Yellow.

3. 1500 RPM to 2200 RPM = circular bar color RED

Engine speed RPM display

Can anyone help me in understanding how to achieve this ?

+1

Hi Jay,

To change the color of the circular bar graph with clean precise changes in color, not fade from one color to another, you would add three circular bar graphs.  The first would handle the range 0-1000 RPM and you would set the angle for this bar graph to show through the angle for the range of the numerical value.  Set the second bar graph to operate between 1000-1500 RPM and operate in the angle for the range of the numerical value and then do the same with a third circular bar graph between 1500-2200 RPM.  You can set each bar graph to a specific color.

Hey Kerry,

Thanks for the response. I would try that.

+1

You could also define a gradient with 0.1 difference at the transitions.  The 0.1 difference will likely not be noticable.

Hi Edward,

I was able to create the Gradient and link it with the circular bar... And it works! Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion.