+6

Adjust from Design

Joe 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated 3 years ago 2

It would be so nice to be able to adjust settings while connected via IQAN Design; especially when connected via CAN. The issue is during development. Because the CAN adapter (Kvaser Leaflight v2 in my case) will only initialize to either Design or Run on startup, I have to make code changes, close Design, open Run, make adjustments for testing. If I need/want to tweak my program, I am constantly closing/opening software in order to interact with the changes I have made. Would it be possible to allow IQAN Design to change settings?

+1

Joe. What we do in this case is leave both Design and run open. Then if you move from design to run, go to communication and disconnect your can adapter...this allows connectivity in run. Then when you go back to design , disconnect can in run. In other words , the can communication can only be connected with one program at a time but is not necessary to close program each time.

It's been a while, but I discovered why your method was not working for me. I was also using IQAN Analyze intermittently during the testing and it grabs the USB/CAN port and doesn't let go (or so it seems). When not using Analyze, I do just as you have suggested.