Not a bug

CAN bus D failure

Codie 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 1

I'm having an issue with a My CAN bus D on an MC43. It had worked the other day then I had made a program change and now it continually gives me CAN Bus failure faults. I have disconnected the wires so there is no chance of a wiring issue. I have made a simple program that only sends one PGN out and that also fails. I have used known working code that i swapped from Can Bus E and the problem continues on D. This is happening on two different panels that I have. I have to think that it is some type of bug or the MC43 needs to be rebooted in some way but I have already sent a blank program to it. 

Not a bug

With an error that comes even with no wires connected and, it sounds as if the module has been damaged. If you contact your local Parker sales rep, you could have the module sent for investigation/repair. It is quite unusual to damage a bus on a module, but one thing to suspect is large voltage potential differences.