Fixed

Remote Update Hangs on Multi-Master Systems

Michael Muldoon 3 years ago in IQANconnect updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 2 years ago 8

We are using a cellular modem to allow our MD4 to connect to IQAN connect. While attempting to update the system using remote connect on IQAN Run the process will hang after updating the MD4.

Image 2744

Is it a single- or multi-master system?

Is the MD4 the head-master (address 0) ?

Version of IQANrun? 

Version of IQANdesign used for the application? 

The photo shows version 6, but also the specific version e.g. 6.06 is interesting.

It is a multi-master system.

The MD4 is address 0 and there are two MC43FS addresses 1 and 2.

IQANrun 6.05.

IQANdesign 6.06.

Just tested using IQANrun 6.06 with the same result.

I reverted our project back to a version running IQANdesign 6.05.19.  After updating our system to the reverted project I was able to complete the remote update to our most update-to-date version using IQANrun 6.06.

Thanks, good to good to hear you got it to work on an earlier version. 

It sounds as if the version of the application that was on 6.05 had some differences compared to the version with 6.06.

Does the two versions of the application have the same setting on MD4 Ethernet properties?

Does the two versions of the application have the same setting on Security Connectivity properties?

Is the diagnostics bus shared with any other traffic in your system? 

There are differences between the two applications.  

The MD4 ethernet settings are the same.

The Security Connectivity properties are also the same.

There are a couple of other modules on the diagnostic bus other than the IQAN modules.

Fixed

Marking this one as fixed. 

IQANdesign 6.08 has updates related to Ethernet that I think should have resolved this issue.