Completed

IQANconnect goes free

As of mid February we have released IQANconnect so that no more connection fees apply.

The IQANStore is updated accordingly.

More information about how it works can be found here IQANconnect article

Have fun connecting!

Answered

Remote assistance timeout

Theleo De Bruyn 3 months ago in IQANconnect updated 3 months ago 3

Hi there!

I've got a problem that recently popped up. I use the option "Remote assistance" in IQANgo regularly. But today i had some issues using this.

The Phone (both android and iphone) connects to the machine and server with no problem. Both via G11 and G12 also WIFI and 4G. This phone also shows its online state in the "Connect via internet"  in both IQANdesign and IQANrun. but when connecting it shows an error: "Remote confirmation timeout". I've still got 5 licenses left.

Any idea what went wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Image 4115

Image 4116

Fixed

IQANgo 7.00 for Android fails to connect via internet

jelle stappers 6 months ago in IQANconnect updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 months ago 5

We are using iqan connect for quite some years already.

But yesterday we got the update on our android devices to iqango 7.00.38

we connect remotely to G11 modems with firmware 1.12.2.1722.

So far that works, but for some reason a connection to the MC43 master is not possible which has a project built with IQAN design 6.08.22.8040 (older versions also don't seem to work).

This worked perfectly before we got the update, unfortunaly we cannot undo the update as our phones all updated themselfs.

We are in the middle of harvest and already had a dozen of customers which we cannot help properly because we cannot login to their machines.

The connection over bluetooth over iqango or iqan design without iqan connect in between works like it always did, but the remote connection just doesn't.

the message as can be seen below shows up for ourselfs, and that's it.

Image 3906

Answered

Trying to connect remotely

Richard Kowalczyk 8 months ago in IQANconnect updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 months ago 6

Image 3840

IoT Module no contact

Deanne 8 months ago in IQANconnect updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 months ago 3 1 duplicate

Trying to hook up an IoT module to our project and we are getting no contact. We checked the wiring and it was okay - we are wondering if the way we have our CAN bus set-up has something to do with it. We have an IQANconnect license, but I am  not seeing the IQANconnect key field under the project's Security tab.

Image 3832

Image 3833

Error resolving Address connect.iqan.se

Tim Reen 2 years ago in IQANconnect updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 1 year ago 6

Hello IQAN Team,

We have been having an ongoing issue when trying to connect to IQAN systems using IQAN connect remote assistance and G11 / G12. When the user attempts to connect to the G1x for remote assistance using their smart phone the following error is displayed:

Error resolving Address connect.iqan.se:

nodename nor servname provided, or not known (8)

Image 3302

If the user is able to connect their smart phone to a WiFi connection the error is not displayed and remote assistance is possible. The user can even get a shared WiFi connection using a personal hotspot and remote assistance is possible. It seems like a 3G or 4G cellular connection directly from the device with IQANgo is the problem somehow. This problem is occurring in Australia on multiple IQAN systems and smart devices.

Fixed

Remote Update Hangs on Multi-Master Systems

Michael Muldoon 3 years ago in IQANconnect updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 2 years ago 8

We are using a cellular modem to allow our MD4 to connect to IQAN connect. While attempting to update the system using remote connect on IQAN Run the process will hang after updating the MD4.

Image 2744

We have tried accessing a machine remotely and have the following message "no reply from IQANconnect server". is this a problem on Parker end?

Richard Ness 3 years ago in IQANconnect updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 1

We have tried accessing a machine remotely and have the following message "no reply from IQANconnect server". is this a problem on Parker end? We have tried 2 PC's and have the same message.

Answered

Iqan connect Server adress

Sigurd Olav 4 years ago in IQANconnect updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 5

Hi, I have a MD4-7" running onboard a vessel connected to the local network onboard for remote diagnostics. The network administrator needs to know the server adress and port number that the iqan needs access to for it to be able to connect to IQAN connect server. This is due to the firewall on the local network onboard. 

The network onboard is asigning the MD4 an adress in the 192.168.36.xxx-series. And IP adress is set to default in IQAN design. 

Answer

For the MD4 to be able to connect to the IQANconnect server, the firewall must allow for outgoing traffic on TCP port 60100. 

From IQANdesign user manual:

I know this can be problematic if the network administrator can only open up this port for traffic to a specific IP address. 

Does it help to know it is connect.iqan.se ? For load balancing, we have multiple IQANconnect servers starting and stopping. 

Connection to IQANconnect server

Brandon Devine 5 years ago in IQANconnect updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 6

Hello,

I have been having trouble connecting remotely all day today. Sometimes i get this:

Image 1590

...and other times i am able to get through and connect. 

My thought is that maybe the server is having issues, but i have no quick way of knowing. 

Is there some sort of server status page that tells the current status that i am not able to find? or do i really have to contact someone at Parker or sift through the forums to figure that out?

Its pretty sad that i can find out with a quickness whether or not i can play playstation online tonight quicker than i can tell a customer whether or not they can connect to their machine in the field.