+1

is there an easy way to combine 2 programs with limited relinking of displays and modules? I have multiple display pages and modules. I want to put them in another larger program with as little relinking of buttons and modules. using IQAN 6.0 with md4-7.

Jesse j Kilde 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Pawel Pekala 2 years ago 8

is there an easy way to combine 2 programs with limited relinking of displays and modules? I have multiple display pages and modules. I want to put them in another larger program with as little relinking of buttons and modules. using IQAN 6.0 with md4-7 and XCxx modules. I have combine all groups so I can bring in one group and sepurate it without reconnecting issues. The bigger issue will be the hours to reconnect the 30 pages and IO to the 4 modules if there is not a way to bring it all in at once and keep it connected.

+1

Have you tried the export component option or creating a stripped file that can be then imported into a new program?

so you can import a stripped file into another program?

I tried this and it does work. now i just need to sort out everything and it is still connected. thanks a lot for the input. this literally saved me many weeks of integration. 

+2

Sure.

I ran into similar issues in the past. I strongly recommend looking into External Functions Groups and/or Solution Libraries which can be imported and reused in different/new applications. If you plan right, you can make it such it will also import display pages already tied to your VDINs and channels. 

For quick practice/exercise do this.

1. Create  simple MD4-7 program and populate few I/Os on MD4

2. Create a simple page with VDIN or values from I/Os.

3. Click File, Save As and select SAVE AS TYPE to stripped project file.

4. Open new application but do not add any modules.

5. Click File, Import, Import Components and select stripped file you created.

Is this solution close enough to what you are looking for ?

Cheers

+2

No worries. I am glad it worked for your needs.

If you use the same functions across different applications, I recommend building solution libraries from stripped files.

Try this.

1. Create a simple logic, something to simulate frequently used logic.

2. Go to Project -> Properties and make sure to provide proper info related to this "project"

2. Save it as stripped file.

3. In IQANdesign, select Tools -> Library Manager.

4. In Solution Library, select Add Category (right side).

5. Name the folder ex My Solutions.

6. Highlight the newly created folder and select Add... (right upper side).

7. Select Stripped file you created.

8. Once Stripped File is added, close Library Manager. 

9. In the main application window, click on Add + orange button. 

10. Switch tabs from Channels to Solutions.

11. Find your new folder "My Solutions"

12. Click and drag on file within "My Solution" folder.

The more solutions libraries you create eventually you start creating programs by simply dropping stripped files within solution library. 

If you plan it right, your displays might also be imported and, what I call "mapped"

Cheers 

Thanks for all of the solutions. the stripped file worked fine the only issue is it is not brining in all of the images even though they are in the stripped file. this project is combining two fairly large programs that each probably have 30-40 display pages the different images are connected to. any ideas on bringing in the images and keeping them linked to the display pages they are supposed to be on?

now a new problem with this process. I have imported the project to the other but most of the image libraries are blank with just the description of the image. i have replace them all twice. when i close the project and reopen it they are back to the blank image again. see attached pic. any ideas why this is happening? i did change the image groups to they are original.blank images

Jesse,

I am sorry I did not respond in time. Are you still experiencing issues?