Slow CAN communication between PC and MD3

Laura 2 years ago in IQANrun updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 2 years ago 2

I sent my software (written in Iqan design 4.07.14) with Iqan run 4.07 to a MD3 with 4.07.7.

When I want do do that by CAN (kvaser) it is slow or wil stop during sending.

When I use USB it will easily and fast send the program to the MD3, after that the MD3 has 4.07.14 (right corner at startup)

We have many problems with slow (CAN) communication. Sometimes we think is is depending of which PC we use.

Can you explain what the reasons are of the difference between when we have slow and when we have fast communication?

And... am I the only one with this experience

Kind regards

Laura

+1

Hi Laura.  We found that when using KVASER CAN-USB to transfer projects/FW etc to MC4X, if the PC is connected to the internet as well (over WIFI for example), then for some reason it takes ages to transfer.  My only thinking is that its trying to get the FW from the internet and transfer it at the same time.  In any case, we found disconnecting WIFI to transfer made a huge difference.  Maybe try that.

Julian

That is interesting, two years ago there was a somewhat similar post here: 

https://forum.iqan.se/en/communities/1/topics/2405-problem-updating-firmware-via-can

Never figured out what that was, but it seem like a good idea to start by checking the drivers for the USB-CAN dongle