Problem exporting languages to Excel

Pierre Fagrell 2 years ago in IQANdesign updated 2 years ago 3

When I export languages I get a 34kB .xlsx file

If I open it with Excel 2019 I get a message asking if it should try to repair a damaged file

"Vi hittade ett problem med visst innehåll i "språk test.xlsx". Vill du försöka återskapa så mycket som det går?"

If I select yes it opens a workbook that has four sheets but there is no data on any of the sheets.

Complete error message in Swedish after clicking "Edit":

"Filnivåvalideringen och reparationen har slutförts. Vissa delar i arbetsboken kan ha reparerats eller tagits bort.
Borttagen del: /xl/sharedStrings.xml-del med XML-fel.  (Strängar) Ogiltigt xml-tecken. Rad 431, kolumn 49.
Borttagna poster: Cellinformation från /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml-del
Borttagna poster: Cellinformation från /xl/worksheets/sheet2.xml-del
Borttagna poster: Cellinformation från /xl/worksheets/sheet3.xml-del
Borttagna poster: Cellinformation från /xl/worksheets/sheet4.xml-del"
+1

After unpacking the excel file and looking at the correct line in the mentioned xml-file I found the problem.

Somehow at the end of a help text there was added two instances of the Unicode Separator character (0x1f).

It does not show up in the IQAN gui, but it does get included when saving the project as .txt.

By deleting the offending text and writing it again the problem characters disappear and language export works fine.

Good to hear you found the problem Pierre! 

Do you think the character could have come from pasting the original text to IQANdesign from another source?

This is text that I have typed myself. I am quite sure it was typed directly into IQANdesign and not pasted, there would be no reason to paste text unless when adding lots of fault codes etc.

The earliest project with this text inside is from 2021-06-15

I also noticed that there is an error message when creating project doumentation:

Error while creating documentation
Ett ogiltigt tecken påträffades i textinnehållet