IQANscript Change Project ID

Johan Palm 2 years ago in IQANscript updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 2 years ago 1

Hi,

We create script "templates" which include common tasks such as prompts to get a backup clone before proceeding, conditional execution based on parameters, etc.

A template is used to create scripts where it is OK to share the plaintext limited access password, but also to create scripts where we want to limit the use to certain users and thus only issue limited access safe passwords.

To accomplish this today we need to either (1) change the limited access password (users will need to delete/overwrite any previously saved password from the Password Manager) or (2) import/copy the entire template to another script (and set up new full and limited access passwords). Either way is not very practical.

It would be nice if IQANscript could include the same Project Properties dialog as IQANdesign, which includes the possibility to change the project ID. Introducing the Project Properties dialog would in my opinion be an overall improvement, with a better overview of the project name, version, description, author, and especially multi-line comments.

I am not sure if I understood, but couldn't you use the "Update project File" if you want to reuse the script for a project file with a different Project ID?