Going from MC2 to MC42 or MC43

Aderas verdes 2 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Pawel Pekala 2 years ago 2

Hi!

We have program made for MC2. Now we need to migrate to MC4x.

Since we lost our old programmer we need to learn to IQAN design  ourselves. So I believe this question might be silly for you guys, but it is what it is.

Is there a way to replace MC2 with MC4x in the program without doing absolutely everything from zero?

Connections are not the problem. The logic algorithms is something would be pain in the ass to do again from zero.

Thank you in advance, for any info.

Good luck in your projects.

M.

P.S. Of course I will eventually go for IQAN Designs training. Just have to get more free time for that.

+2

There is no easy way, but here is my list. This is probably not an all encompassing list, but it helps me. It will be easier for you as you aren't swapping a display. 

HOW TO SWAP MASTER MODULE IN IQAN

1. ADD NEW MASTER TO ORGINAL PROJECT
  2. DRAG ANY I/O FROM OLD MASTER TO NEW MASTER
  3. MOVE BUSSES FROM OLD MASTER TO NEW
  4. CREATE NEW DISPLAY PAGES MAKE SURE POTRAIT LANDSCAPE SET CORRECTLY
  5. COPY ALL LAYERS FROM OLD PAGES TO NEW PAGES
  6. DRAG ALL FXN GROUPS FROM OLD APPLICATION TO NEW APPLICATION
  7. DRAG ANY LOGS FROM OLD MASTER TO NEW MASTER
  8. CHECK ALL BUTTONS THAT NAVIGATE TO DISPLAY PAGES

+1

Greetings,

Since I am not sure how your original program is structured therefore number of required steps might be different. I strongly recommend making a copy of the original program as a backup.

I created a simple program to show you one way of migrating program from one master to another. It is possible to “shift” program to new master without breaking channels/logic but again, depending on how its structured it might require additional steps and verifications to ensure all logic is intact.

Watch attached YouTube link and if you have any questions or ran into any issues please come back and let us know. Screenshots are always helpful.

By the way, if you figure out how to find more free time please let me know.

I hope this video will help you with your project.

Cheers