Test rig with automated control of L90 valve

Damian Frankiewicz 1 year ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 1 year ago 1

Hey together,

for a customer project I am using two plunger cylinders to simulate ground effects on gage wheels.

Therefore the motion of the cylinders should be one extend, the other retract and the other way around with a certain frequecy.

My idea was to realize that with an L90 valve section where the spool goes from one max. stroke to the other.

Is there a possibility to automate this function so for example after activation on the display the COUT goes into max. positive direction and afterwards into max. negative direction and back again? The speed I could adjust via slopes.

Image 3571

I guess this task can be solved with some math channels but do we maybe have a different solution with other channels?

Thanks for your support and regards

Damian

An easy way to build an automatic sequence is to use the FSM channel to define the sequence, and use the FMS state as Function selection on the DMAC channel. 

If you are new to sequence controls, a good piece of advice is to make sure you not only think of the sequence when everything works, but also consider stop conditions and restart conditions.