Flashing TOC2

David Lenz 1 year ago in IQANdesign updated by Chris Litwin 1 year ago 2

I am trying to flash some TOC2 units to replace some units in the field. I have installed the "latest" IQANdevelop (G4) and have tried to send the program to the TOC2. I've connected to the TOC2 with two different USB to RS-232 adapters (one was Prolific chipset and the other was FTDI). I'm getting one of three fault messages when I try. Invalid form, Invalid data, or Bad Checksum.

Image 3604

Image 3603

I've tried with two different computers, one running Windows 10 and the other running Windows 7, and both seem to be the same. I tried swapping the data lines and just got a timeout message.

Any other ideas? I know this hardware is older and it's a challenge connecting to it with new machines!

Wanted to close the loop here. Finally tried a third USB to RS-232 adapter and it worked perfectly. It was a Trendnet with Prolific. These things are very picky.

We have a prolific, I don't remember which model, but if I connect it to a different USB port than originally installed on I have to reset the driver. It truly is a pain. I found the attached app to reset it, maybe it will be useful to someone.

SAVE THIS PL-2303_Driver USB to Serial.zip