Fixed

IQANdesign 6.08.28 did not fix MD4 CAN C & D Issues ?

Matt 1 year ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 months ago 6

Hi all. I did some testing on 3 MD4-7s with serial numbers after 2302040001. All of them had issues on bus D not communicating with generic CAN devices. Is this a known issue which has a fix in the works? Is there a PCN newer than PCN7432021-53289-3?

I have tried using programs with 6.08.24 and 6.08.28 and still get the same results.

Under review

We are aware of one remaining problem, the known symptom is failure to perform firmware update on IQAN-XC4 modules via MD4 CAN-C /-D. 

In brief, that known issue can be seen when sending lots of outgoing data in rapid succession over C/D. 

I would not expect a normal application with generic CAN to be triggering nearly as many messages that are needed to provoke that error. But it would be good to look at. 

My recommendation is to reach out to the Parker RAE to discuss the details of your application. 

+1
Fixed

There was a problem with bitrates 100 and 125 kpbs.

IQANdesign 6.08.30 contain new firmware for the co-processor for MD4 CAN-C/D that fix this, see 

Release notes - IQANdesign 6

If we save the program using the latest version of iQAN design, and use iQAN run 6.08.24 to load the program, will iQAN run update the firmware on the MD4 to match the version of iQAN design the program was saved last with? 

Correct, IQANrun will always send the firmware that is included in the .idax file. 

So if you save the file in IQANdesign 6.08.30, this is the version that will be sent to the system, regardless of IQANrun version. 

We are getting an Error on CanBus D with 6.08.30.  No explanation and only on this module (we have an MC43 connected to the same bus with no error).

Image 3787

Worth mentioning for anyone seeing the on the last post with 6.08.30, I think that might have been from a machine with conflicting CAN identifiers (based on a separate off-forum discussion). 

For general troubleshooting on CAN error, see also: 

No contact and Critical CAN bus error / Knowledge base / IQAN