Not reproducible

MD4-10 Blue screen after 25 minutes?

Kevin 11 months ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 months ago 3

Updated a system (1x MD4-10 and 1x MD4-7) from Version 4.07 to 6.08 and had it running for around 25 minutes after the update and the 10 inch screen turned blue with the following details.

Can anyone shed any light as to what the fault is please? The MD4-7 appears fine, no blue screen.

Image 3693

Under review

Was this when you were connected to the system with IQANdesign/IQANrun?

If so, was it via the Ethernet port on the MD4-10 ? 

It is hard to tell what the problem is with just this information, but to me it looks like the problem might be related to sending e.g. measure data from the MD4.

I carried out the update using iqan design over ethernet on MD4-7 C3, it completed and the software in the MD4 units automatically ran once finished. I was doing something else so didn't do any measurement or adjustments in iqan run, it was just left on the completion screen in IQAN design. I had the computer still connected to the ethernet port however and this flashed up on the 10 inch display after 25 minutes. Curiously I did cycle the power and i was unable to replicate the blue screen fault again after leaving it for 1.5 hours. The customer has been using these units on 4.07 for many years without blue screen, and I'm concerned that there is something that been introduced by updating the firmware.

Not reproducible

Deemed not reproducible after some off-forum support.

IQANdesign 7.01 will hover provide more debug information.