+2

Dual Direction Math Changing a value from Negative to Positive

I CAN GO 12 months ago in IQANdesign updated 12 months ago 6

Good Afternoon,

I am rather new to IQAN Design and need some assistance. I am using a looking to run an L90 valve with an MC43 and for one of the functions in a dual direction math channel I would like to switch the value from negative to positive and vice versa for the positive value. In essence the direction of the valve needs to change from the direction of the joystick.

Anyone out there have an easy way of doing this?

Thank you.

+3

Hi Andy,

There are a number of ways to handle this but I think the easiest way is to use a state parameter:

Image 3792

Image 3791

Thank you very much Tim. 
I realize now that I did not fully understand a multi- vector object. That answers my question.

Just for interests sake, however, would you mind posting a few of theother methods that you mentioned?

Thank you.

+3

You did not mention the setup of your joystick.

Assuming you are using a 0.5V to 4.5V signal range where 2.5V would be your center voltage.

Perhaps look at your input configuration.

Image 3795

Now that the Joystick has a range of -100 to 100 you can add a simple math object with the multi vector to setup a "deadzone" in this case the "deadzone" is within -5% to +5%, From 5% above or below -5% the output value would be porpotional in the respective direction. 

Image 3796

Perhaps if possible explain a bit more about your setup, like joystick/signal type. 

Hope you come right.

You are correct about the input config.

I am using a joystick with input from 0.5-4.5 volts and a 10% deadband as default via a multi- vector object.

Please see the attached project that is doing as I want according to Tim Reen's suggestion. It was simply for interest's sake that I wanted to know more methods of doing it as Tim suggested that there might be other ways.                                               Joystick Crossed Signals Example.idax

+2

Hi Andy,

Here is an example using a digital parameter:

Image 3798

And with this example you could use a physical digital input:

Image 3799

Thank you very much for your assistance Tim!

I appreciate your time and clear examples for a newbie like me.