Fixed

MD4-7 loss of contact with MC43 issue

george zalesski 5 months ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 months ago 6

Hi,  I have a system were I have a MD4-7 and MC43 in the system.  Occasionally  the MD4 starts displaying every second a loss of contact with MC43.  i can see this being logged as well.  the MC43 seem ok, no loss of contact with MD4.   also I have checked the BUS, no errors no frame errors.  all I can see that every time this MSG pops up the 0EF00  84->83  message stops, when the CAN message restarts the MD4 pop up message disappears.  any help would be appreciated.

Image 4171

No contact with another master in a multimaster system is from the Diagnostics bus.

What is the Diagnostics bus J1939 start address set to in the system? 

Looking at the cutout from the trace, I would guess it is on 130 (0x82) Then from the symptom, I guess you can also see a gap in the PDU1 message from 0x84 to 0x82. 

Is the MC43 very busy with short cycle time and high cycle utilization? 

SW version? 

+1

I'm running the MC43 and MD4 at 50msec frame rate, but the code is light total utilization is <5%.

Yes I have the Start Adress set to 130.

The project is built with 6.08.25.8210

did not see issues with 84 -> 82 messages, Just the 84 to 83.

Is the Diagnostics bus on one of the buses CAN-C or CAN-D? 

Version 6.08.25 is before the updates needed for reliable operation on the new CAN-C and CAN-D hardware, see Release notes - IQANdesign 6

Fixed

Symptoms match problem in  firmware for CAN-C/D co-processor on newer MD4 modules. 

Can be fixed by upgrading to IQANdesign 6.08.28 or newer, see Release notes - IQANdesign 6. Also see PCN.