Answered

PGN 42752

Zach Dockter 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 6

I have an MD4-7 display and when I program it using IQAN Design 3.18, I can read PGN 42752 coming from address 27h. When I program the same display with "the same program" imported into IQAN Design 4.02, it does not work...

Screenshots

PGN42752.doc

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED

Thanks.

Satisfaction mark by Zach Dockter 8 years ago

Hi Zach,

The PGN 42752 is in the PDU1 range, meaning it is a message that is sent to a specific node. In version 3, this was combined into the "PGN" property, and to see the destination address, one had to open up the window that showed it split out in the PF and PS part.

In version 3, that was quite confusing, for any desitnation address different from DA 0 (engine), the "PGN" property was changed.

In version 4, the destination address is instead a separate property. This means that the PGN you enter in version 4 is the actual PGN from the specification:

If you open your version 3 application with PGN 42752 in IQANdesign 4, it will set the destination address to 0, as that was how it was set in version 3. But if you just enter the PGN number, the default on the JFIN is to have the DA property set to "addressed to me".

"Addressed to me" means it will look at the master module source address. In the printscreens from your application, I cannot see what the property J1939 source address is set to for the master module.

Since your MD4 application is most probably not acting as the Engine in the system, it makes sense to change the JFIN DA to 0 to match the PGN 42752, rather than changing the MD4 J1939 source address to zero.

As you are writing that the address the message is coming from is 39 (0x27, management computer), it could makes sense to have this MD4 property for J1939 source address set to something different than 39. But I am not so sure about that, the CAN trace you have shows that the PGN 42752 is coming from the source address, 0x12, or 18 in decimal, meaning "fuel system" in J1939.

To read this message, you should then also set the J1939 module in IQANdesign to match this source address.

Gustav,

I appreciate your prompt response.

I am still having issues reading the PGN in IQAN.

As you can see from the screen shot, I have the MD4 J1939 address set to 18d (12h). The crane supplying the value is at address 39d (27h). I assume the J1939 SA is in decimal.

I also have the DA set to "Addressed to me"

but I am not reading the values in IQAN

I can see the PGN when using PCAN.

And it works just fine in IQAN 3.18.

On the JFIN you have set the property Destination Address to "addressed to me", this means that it will look at the PGN being sent to the J1939 address you have set on the IQAN-MD4.

Instead, you must set the property Destination Address to 0, as that is what the 0x18A70012 indicates.

If you take your 3.18 and upgrade to version 4, it should set the DA on the JFIN automatically.

It also looks like there is a problem with the source address. The CAN trace shows that the message is from source address 0x12, 0x18A70012

This must then be the address of the J1939 module you assign this JFIN to in IQAN.

Setting the DA to 0 fixed it.

Thanks for your help, again.