Not a bug

Can´t import settings in variants projects

Jesus 2 months ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 weeks ago 3

In Variants projects using IQANdesign the import settings option is disabled.

Why is it disabled in these projects?

Not a bug

This is intentional, the grayed out in It is grayed out when you have a variant project open. 

The import settings function in IQANdesign can only work when the project file you have open in IQANdesign is matching what you have in the system you are connected to. 

In version 6 and earlier, import settings to project file could be done in combination with get project, so it was always matching. Version 7 import settings has to check that the adjust items in the open project file and the settings it gets from the system are an exact match. 

For variants projects, there will never be an exact match, so the operation is grayed out. 

Thank you for your response.

In the project I am working on, I have made a lot of settings on the machine, these settings I would like to use as factory settings for the iqandesign variant project file, as I can't import them, do I need to manually update these settings in the iqandesign file?

Yes, to change application defaults in the IQANdesign project file, you need to manually edit the .idvx.