I have a requirement to send TSC1 to two different destination addresses

Dave Hitchman 3 weeks ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 2 weeks ago 3

I did NOT design the messages required for this system so please dont blame me or tell me I need to change them, this is not in my control.

But the requirement is for TSC1 to go to destination 10 AND destination 90.  I cant have 2 messages with the same  PGN it complains, I cant see how to specify two destination addresses for one message. I am aware of 'broadcast' but do not believe at the moment the two components will pick up the broadcast rather than looking specifically for their own address. 

Does anyone have a clue how I can solve this issue?

+1

We have quite a few of TSC1 blocks for various engines in our programs. Is it just a warning ? Or an error ? You may need to define separate J1939 modules in the system layout for each address (10/90) and assign 1 TSC1 block to each one.

I have done it with separate modules but its a little bit odd to have to really given that they may all be TSC1 but have different destinations. I dont know why the original design didnt broadcast but as we are just interfacing to something already designed and in use we dont have a chance to change that

TSC1 is a J1939 message of type PDU1, it always has a destination address (DA). 

For example DA 0 meaning engine #1.

In IQANdesign, the TSC1 channel is always sending to the DA of the module it is assigned to.