0
Not a bug

Language issue in 3.19 - with MD3

Aaron Wilkes 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated 5 years ago 3

I have added a French language option to an application and it will not change the internal IQAN menu’s/messages to French even though I have selected the fr-ca language code. It does change all our own translated messages. It does not seem to be an issue unique to this application since I tested adding a language to a blank program with only an MD3 and it also did not change to French. I was using 3.19.7.4013 and tried downloading 3.19.10.4102 from the divapps archive which did not make a difference. This happens with the Simulator and with an MD3.


Below are some screenshots from the blank program.




Menu after language change - still English


Thanks

Aaron


Also the menu system texts have to be translated manually if you want multi-language in the menu system.

You find the option to make these texts multi-language under user interface, here:


The 'language code' option has a very limited effect on the application. What it does is that when connecting to the system with IQANrun, the IQANrun user can have a setting to use a primary and secondary language. If any of those languages are available in the application, it will switch over to that language when connecting IQANrun.