+1

Lamp off Image Library Issue

Jamy 3 months ago in IQANdesign updated 2 months ago 3

Design Issue 7.02.31.9477: When adding a lamp component from the stock image library, the system does not permit the selection of an "off" image from the same library.

For a grayed out version of the on image, you can select "Auto"

To select a different image from the library, you can do so by first adding it to an image group. 

I think it's been like this since the change to SVG in 6.05

+1

I think the issue with this is when you want to use a different indicator that is already in the iQAN lamp library. For example, I want a lamp to be green when on so I when I add the lamp object to the display I select Lamp -> image library -> LED Green. If I want to use the LED Red as the off state instead of the grayed out image, I have to add a whole new lamp and use the visible field to control which lamp object is allowed to show. Why for the Off Image field do I have to add a new image? I just want to use the LED Red, but can't select it.

Matt, Exactly! I make 99% of my own graphics. But sometimes you just need a simple Green/Red or Green/Yellow Lamp. It would be nice if you could do this from the stock image library. Could save a little design time.