+1
Answered

Log decimals

Jacob Meng 3 months ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 months ago 3

Is there a way to log decimal numbers in the event log? The values I have now are stored as whole numbers with ".00" after even through the actual channel they were reading has decimals. For example, a channel value of 5.4 is logged as 5.00.

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED

Thanks Gustav for the expert support!

Satisfaction mark by Jacob Meng 3 months ago

The event log will log will save the value with the same value type as the channel. 

So when you have value type Real, yo will have decimals. 

I recommend double checking the value of the channel the log item is connected to. 

I noticed today that when I used IQANrun to save the log, the decimal values showed up. It was only when I was viewing the data in IQANDesign that the decimals were always .00. I don't know if this is normal or a bug. Using version 6.06.

Answered

I see, I did not think of the case where you measure on a log from IQANdesign. Measuring on a log item in IQANdesign 6 does exactly what you describe, cuts the decimals. From 7.00 this is no longer an issue. 

Viewing the logs is normally done using IQANrun, IQANgo or the master display menu system.

Measuring on a log item from IQANdesign is possible but it will only show one value, the last entry. 

To view the log it is better to use  IQANrun, IQANgo or the MD4/MD5.