Open load error with feature disabled

NEricson 1 month ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 1 month ago 2

I'm using Iqan Design 7.02.20.9286. I have DOUT-HS open load detection turned of on a MC43. I am still getting an error on the screen for open load. The circuit only has a Deutsch W2S-SDT-12V wedge lock for a load. Is there a problem with the software? What am I doing wrong? In this configuration on our machine this plug does not get used. Is there anything else i can do with the software to stop the error?

+1

If you create a new function group for this output and a digital parameter which can set the whole function group disabled when it isn't used at the moment. Any errors are not shown from disabled function group.

On the MC4, there are two types of diagnostic checks that both get reported as Open load. 

There is the under current detection that measures current when the output is ON, and there is an open load detection that detects open load by checking the voltage on the pin to see that it is pulled to ground by a connected load. 

On the MC4 block diagram, you find two properties that cover both these checks. 

Image 4489

If you know there won't be any solenoid load on the plug, then a good suggestion is to make what Markus suggested and put the channel in a function group that you disable/enable with a parameter.