IQANsimulate 7 Excel Integration for Automated Control

Mason Lieb 4 weeks ago in IQANsimulate updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 weeks ago 2

Included with the release of IQANsimulate 6 was an Excel .xlsm file that was set up to interface between Excel and IQANsimulate. This file was originally developed by Anders Båth. One of the aspects of this file was the reference in Excel VBA to the IQANsimulate .exe file which then directed Excel to the header file that includes the object definitions for the automated control.

With the release of IQANsimulate 7, it appears that this Excel file is no longer included. The biggest challenge I'm having at the moment with adapting the old file to IQANsimulate 7 is that the library reference seems to be tied to a Windows Registry value and I cannot easily identify how to remove the reference. This means that the Excel file is stuck referencing the IQANsimulate 6 library and therefore does not run IQANsimulate 7. I need some help getting this reference fixed.

The other issue is that the new installation location for IQANsimulate 7 is in the path C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Programs\IQANsimulate 7 which means that if I am able to update the reference in Excel, it will be pointing to a path that only exists on my machine. I think this might break the ability to share the Excel file with others on my team and have them use it for their own unit testing.

I think the first challenge will be properly identifying the Windows Registry entries that need to be removed in order to unlink the reference to IQANsimulate 6. Then I can at least get the tool working on my computer. The challenge of shared usability will be next.

+1

I was able to fix the registry references via the Windows Registry Editor. I first uninstalled IQAN simulate 6 then went through and replaced the path of any registry entry that had iqansimulate.exe with the path to IQAN simulate 7. This makes the Excel integration work and the reference now shows the proper installation path.

Good to hear you managed to solve it!

Also see post about manually solving issues with registering the COM interface for IQANsimulate

IQAN ActiveX Controls: / Software / IQAN