Avoiding interaction screen in IQANrun to automate logs retrieving

isidro riquelme 6 days ago in IQANrun updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 days ago 1

Hello Everyone,

I’m experiencing an issue with running an IQAN script automatically via the command line (CMD or PowerShell). I need to retrieve logs from a Parker Hannifin controller installed on a mining machine, and it’s essential that no interaction windows are displayed during this process. I’ve followed the scripting format outlined in the IQANrun user manual on page 117, but I’m unsure if there are additional configurations needed to establish a fully automated connection. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Image 4506

This is the Screen I need to AVOID, I just need to connect direct to this Controller.

Here are the Commands I used so far:

-cif Ethernet -mac 3c-e4-b0-34-ea-38 -silent -send -script 'C:\Users\RHM\Documents\IQAN Files\GetLogsV2.0_l.issx'

The file GetLogsV2.0_l.issx is the IQANscript that contains instructions for connecting to the controller, retrieving the logs, and disconnecting afterward. Since there is only one controller connected to this network, I believe it shouldn't prompt for a connection, especially since I have specified the MAC address. I would appreciate your support in resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance

It sounds as if you have the Connect action as a step in the script. 

The Connect script action does not have additional parameters for connecting to a specific device. 

As you set the connection interface via command line, it shouldn't be necessary to have the Connect action in the script. 

Looking at the commands you listed, I also see it looks a little strange. 

The -send argument should be followed by a filename for a a project -, clone - or settings file. It is not used for opening scritps.

The -script argument should be followed by a Component ID. This is used when the .issx script file contain multiple scripts. 

In IQANrun 6  and up to and including IQANrun 7.02, script file names are are passed as argument without an anything before it. (from IQANrun 7.03, there is an -open argument that is used to open and run scripts)