+1
Completed

reorganize menu structure

mgoutier 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 5

It would be nice if we had control over the menu structure of the "System" and the "Functionality" tabs much like we do on the "Adjust groups" tab. I like to organize my programs so they are all as similar as possible for troubleshooting purposes.. if something ended up out of place it is usually not worth going through the process to reorganize..

+2

The System node has a fixed sort order, but the Functionality node can be changed. It is sorted using the calculation order. So, by changing the calculation order you can change the order of the nodes. Of course, you need to be careful so you don't change the behavior of your application, it may depend on a certain calculation order.

+1

nice, love these little tips and tricks... It would be nice to have full control over everything... I have 5 machines that are almost all the same, but 2 of them have 2 xa2's and the other 3 need 3.. The additions came later and i copied the same program from the first 2, and added the xa2's and now they are at the bottom of the structure.. eventually i will reorganize them but for now ill just leave them where they are... which drives me nuts.. but ill get over it.

+1
Planned

We're planning to introduce reordering of the System node in IQANdesign 5.0.

Completed

Now possible, in IQANdesign 5, to reorder modules under the System Layout node using drag and drop. The master modules still needs to be top-most.