Fixed

IQAN 4.00 J1939 parameter in bug

Frederick Prigge 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 4

I have a block of code that worked well under v3.19 that is missbehaving under v4.00.

A MC31 master is receving J1939 frames from another non Parker device. In debug mode the frames are "green", meaning no timeout situation. The associated J1939 parameter is "red" and I am getting the replacment value. I first tough it must be a J1939 error check, so put the J1939 error check to "no". Same situation, no change, parameter is "red".

If I remove the scaling and offset ot that J1939 parameter, it works, and becomes "green"! I then need to do the scalling/offsetting in a math channel. This is not normal! Please advise.

Thanks for your help.

Started

If you look at the channel when it show the red status, the tool tip help is most probably indicating "timeout" or "no contact".

We have found an issue in 4.00 that JPIN (and GPIN) channels of value type real do not recover from timeouts when the message is recieved again. JPIN/GPIN of value type integer or boolean is implemented differently, and here this bug does not exist, that is why your workaround solves it.

The bug is fixed in version 4.01, release date is middle of February.

Ok, thanks. We will let you know as soon as the release is out if it fixes out issue.

Thanks

Issue does seem fixed, thanks!