Answered

disabling error message for a specific output when it's not in use

David Dufour 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 months ago 7

Hi,

We try to find a way to use a generic program to muliple application.

This implies we will not always use all programmed I/O.

There is a way to deactivate the error detection for the PWM/Cout output on a MC31 module ?

But when it's used, we want this error to be active.

Thanks!

Answer

+1
Answer

You can put that COUT channel into a function group. And use a digital parameter to enable/disable that function group. By disabling the function group, which contains the PWM/COUT channel, error message will be disabled.

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by David Dufour 7 years ago
+1
Answer

You can put that COUT channel into a function group. And use a digital parameter to enable/disable that function group. By disabling the function group, which contains the PWM/COUT channel, error message will be disabled.

I never use this option, but seem to be my solution!

Thanks a lot for this hint

David

Is there a way to disable (optional) voltage inputs (will get an error with nothing connected). I realize you can set the input to range form 0-5V instead of 0.5-4.5V but this eliminates built-in error checking?

The enabling of error checking on the VIN works in the same way as the outputs, it is only active when the channel is evaluated. You can use the same desing that Frank suggests for the outputs, by moving the VIN to a function group that can be enabled/disabled, you can disable the the VIN:s. When the VIN is disabled, it will have the value defined on the property error value.

In the example files that comes with IQANdesign, the Fork Lift examples shows how parameters can be used to enable/disable optional functions.

Would there be any other option for disabling COUT error messages in IQAN Design 6.08?

I do not neccesarily need to have the diagnostic running even if I am using the output.

I have a scenario where I have limitations on the number of wires I can use and would like if all my COUT could share a common ground. I realize that this is not up to spec exactly but it is neccesary for this application.

Thank you.

In that case, disabling error messages does not help. The COUTs cannot have a combined ground.