There is a way to do a factory reset ?

David Dufour 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 2 years ago 8

There is a known method to execute a factory reset on an iQan master controller ?

To be more specific, I'm looking to do this on a MC31 master.

This is to be sure there is nothing leaved on the master memory/configuration for testing purpose.

Thanks!

+1

I would send a new empty application with a new project-ID

it's exactly what we have tried, but only to be sure I prefered to ask in case there is another way to do this.

Regards,

David

The trick of sending an empty project file is the closest you can get to a "factory reset" without sending in the module for repair.

It does not restore it completely, on the status LED you will see an OK blink instead of the "no application available"

It will have the vmAC version from the IQANdesign you used when creating the blank file, this may or may not be the vmAC the module was shipped with

The Machine ID is not reset by sending a project file. If it matters for your test, you could of coures manually change it to the default value which is "Unknown"

I am need of setting parameters back to default. I allow customers to adjust parameters via MD4. If they mess up the parameters badly, i would like to have a one button reset to default. 

Is this possible?

For the question of resetting parameters to the Factory default values you set when the machine was delivered, it is possible to reset individual adjust items (e.g. Function Parameter), or all adjust items in an Adjust group. 

From the MD4, it is possible to reset individual adjust items. 

The problem is finding the buttons for it. 

On a single parameters it is the button next to the value: 

For channels with multiple parameters, e.g. COUT or VIN, the reset option is found under the menu button on the adjust page. 

With IQANrun, there is one button on the Adjust group "Reset group", and one button "Reset" for only resetting one item. 

i want a menu item with password protect.

if i press the menu reset button all defaults come back.

how about this?

Ill take a look on adjustment page in menu. Will this apply to the MC43 on my network too?

Thanks I take a look

Yes, in a multi-master system the MD4 adjust menu can access adjust items on the MC43.