Answered

Waking up MD4 on its own

LPC 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 7 years ago 3

Is it possible to set a wake-up time on the MD4? I would like to power it on at certain date and time instead of leaving it on all the time. Is there a way to add this feature? Or should I consider leaving it always on? Basically, I want to start some procedure at a chosen time, but I also don't want to drain the batteries on my vehicle.

Thank you

Answered

No, there is no such feature available unfortunately.

Ok thank you for the answer.

Is it bad for the MD4 if it's always on with the screen dimmed?

Thank you,

LPC

The best way to keep the logic running but conserve battery is to have the "screen saver" function set to turn off the backlight after a timeout.

Alternatively, it is possible to control the backligth with application logic. (backlight property on MD4 display pages)

If you want to use the built-in screen saver function, one way to light up the display automatically is to build logic that automatically switches display page.

This might be a good thing to do for another reason, one thing to consider in an application where the MD4 is on all the time is image persistence, to avoid this it is good if you switch display page from time to time.

See IQAN-MD4 user manual on "image persistence":

https://www.parker.com/literature/Electronic%20Controls%20Division/Literature%20files/IQAN-MD4_instructionbook_HY33-8408-IB_UK.pdf