Re-create a directionnal pulse count with pulse count

C. Drouaud 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Thomas Moberg (System support) 7 years ago 1

Hello,

I'm using Parker hydraulic motor equipped with a speed sensor. It gives back 60 pulses per revolution.

I want to use this information to get the speed and the distance travelled by our final leaded part. It can happen that this part is moved forward and backward, but what I need is the real travelled distance. It means I have to substract the reverse travelled distance.

I handle directly with IQAN the direction of the travel, I can know if the part travels forward or backward. 

I have some difficulties to program it to get the correct travelled distance. I'm using a pulse count, and I want to get it to be a directionnal pulse count with an information gotten in the program.

Can I have some help/ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Hello Drouaud.

I made an example where i look at the difference of the pulse count channel every cycle and depending on what direction i am moving(two digital channels) i add on the difference to either a forward memory or a reverse memory channel.

Example.idsx

Is that what you were looking for?