+1
Declined

DMAC & MAC - Store Value - New property request

Nick Pridham 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 4
It would be nice to have a store value property for these channel types. This is very useful when calculating totalising statistics. For example: the total angle movement of a boom can be calculated with a MAC running the derivative calculations and a memorising channel storing the value on a timer loop. 

A store value property in the DMAC/MAC makes it a bit neater. 
GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Nick Pridham 9 years ago
Hear hear! I second that request.
It gets frustrating and time consuming always having to tie in memorize channels for things like that.
Declined
This was reviewed yesterday by our change control board. I'm sorry to disappoint you guys, but it was decided to not introduce this property for now. The main reason is that it is possible to implement this using other channels, as you mention Nick, and it is not too complicated. Not as nice as a store value property of course, but still possible anyway.

Another way to do accumulators could in some cases be to use the Memorizing channel with the Action property set to Add.

Did this ever get implemented? as you state "but it was decided to not introduce this property for now."

No, this was never implemented, case has been been closed as Won't implement.