+1

Scrolling Text

Carl 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 2 years ago 7

Hi,

We have lots of issues, epically where languages are concerned, where text lengths are to long to fit in the text box etc.

Having the ability to scroll the text would be a great asset.

Under review

Like a multi-line text box with up-down and left-right scrolling?

Yes. So if the text you wish to display doesn't fit the box, the text appears as the first part, then scrolls left until all the text has been displayed. May be add a setting that would reset the text to scroll again so for example you good select 5 seconds so every 5 seconds, the text goes to the begineg and scrolls across again.

I was first thinking of manual scrolling as a touch action, similar to how you scroll through the text on a message box, but it sounds as if you are thinking of automatic scrolling? 

Hi Gustav,

Correct. It would be good for auto scrolling as a user may want to see all of a message without touching the screen, while driving etc. Also, they may not be a wear there is more text if a small part of text fits correctly, the rest could be hidden.

Also, It would be really helpful if Text properties such as Font and Color could be linked to channels, particularly when using different languages.  For example, when displaying text in English I want the text to be Font size 12, but in Spanish use Font size 10, as the Spanish version is usually a few characters longer.

On applications where numeric values need to be reported in different units (selected by the operator), I want the metric units displayed in blue and SAE units displayed in red.

The alternative with a channel controlling the font sounds quite similar to this idea: https://forum.iqan.se/communities/1/topics/129-lamp-feature-for-lables