Not reproducible

Multi-Master Settings Revert to Default on Upload

Joe 7 years ago in IQANrun updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 2

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but we had an issue in the field where a new program was uploaded to a multi-master system.  The system has two MD4 displays (one -7 and one -5) connected on a master bus.  The new program was sent via IQAN Run. After the upload, all the stored settings for the MD4-5 reverted to their default values.  The PC was connected directly to the MD4-7 with the MD4-5 connected via CAN bus.  Re-loading the previous clone file did not resolve the issue.  This created quite an issue because service personnel do not have access to the "master" settings of the machine.  Does anyone know how this could have happened?

Looking at this post, I am not sure what could have caused the application to loose the settings. 

One possibility for loosing settings during an update is if the application had been changed in a way that the adjustable and stored channels have been replaced by new channels with different component ID:s. This would happen if you cut and paste channels instead of moving them when rearranging the structure of the application, then one creates new channels with new component ID:s. But as these new channels would have to be placed in adjust groups again I believe this would have been spotted earlier. 

Also see IQANdesign user manual chapter 10, "settings kept during software update"

The reason that sending the old clone did not recover the settings is easier to explain, that is not a bug. The sending of the clone will only set the settings the logged in user has access to. There is a discussion on modifying that behavior in another case, here