Completed

Changing current output step size

Eric Metz 7 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 7 years ago 2

I would like to be able to change the step size of a Current Output channel's min and max settings while in IQANrun or from an MD4.  I have installations where the application has already been loaded to an MD4 and the system has tuned for the vessel.  I know I could change the step size using IQANdesign, and checking "Adjustable values" in the "Send Options" dialog box when loading the file, but then I will overwrite all of the other values that are set correctly.  In most situations, I would not be OK with doing this.  

I think I figured out a work around, but it is a little cumbersome:

1. Using IQANrun, get settings from MD4

2. Using IQANdesign, send application with updated step size, and check "Adjustable values" in the Send Options dialog box when loading application.

3. Using IQANrun, send previously saved settings to MD4

Please consider adding the ability to adjust step size from the MD4 or from within IQANrun

The step size is part of the application in IQANdesign. This means that you don't have to check anything in send options in order to change this. Just change the step size in IQANdesign and update the machine using IQANrun or IQANdesign (without checking any of the send options). All settings will be preserved and the step size will be updated to the new value.