G2 modem with Verizon SIM card

Frederick Prigge 9 years ago in Gateways / G2/G3 updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 9 years ago 3
Has anyone used the G2 modem with a Verizon SIM card?

Also, I have not used those modem features before. Can someone indicated the costs associated with the Proemion registration fee?

Thanks!
Hi Frederick,

Normally, the network operator for the SIM card should not matter when using the IQAN-G2 modem, the only requirement should be to use it in a network with GPRS, and have the modem correctly configured.
With that said, I have seen at least one case recently where there was problems with unstable connections that was thought to be realted to the APN for one specific operator. When we changed to a different APN at the same network operator, it worked.

About the comercial question of Proemion costs, I'll ask someone to contact you about that.
As far as I know, only the first 10 or 15 modems have a registration fee, after that no more. There is a monthly/yearly fee on top of that for each modem.
I thought that in the US Verizon didn't use GSM, but then in the Europe it did. So if in Europe, the G2 and Verizon will play nice.