+1

usb Ethernet adapter for MD4

Zach 9 years ago in Master modules / MD4 updated by Mitch Houle 5 years ago 7
I have dealers and techs all over the world who connect with USB to the machines with the IQAN system.
Could I add a USB port and a USB to Ethernet adapter so they can continue connecting with USB?

Does anyone have a better workaround?

Have you found a solution for this? I'm finding that with the abundance of wireless connections that Ethernet ports are one of the first things to disappear on computers lately. Most of my team are on Surface tablets which only have USB. I have tried a USB to Ethernet cord and can’t push the program (MD4 thinks it is Ethernet and design thinks it is USB).

I utilize the G11 after the first program installation but seem to need a computer to install the program for the first time. I also find the USB/CAN adapter to be too complicated and costly for my sales and service guys.

Ken, I have not, but I will try it. I purchased one a while back to use with the MD3 for another reason that ended up not working. Now, I just have to find it.

I see the model I used is of course, no longer available. But many similar routers are out there.

Mitch,

I have been using this Insignia USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter from Best Buy for close to 2 years now and no issues.  It programs just as quickly as the standard Ethernet port.  I have a few field techs that have the same situation with laptops that do not have an Ethernet port but this works great.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-usb-3-0-to-gigabit-ethernet-adapter-white/3510527.p?skuId=3510527

Hopefully this is helpful.

JR  

I also use a surface pro with a USB to ethernet adapter with no issue. The wireless modem option is great too but a little slower than a direct connection. My module below. Maybe the module you are using is not 3.0 and that is the issue?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IDETFA0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you all for the help! I have Purchased a 3.0 adapter and am awaiting our next production machine to test it.