Blank MD4 SCreen at start-up

Jean-Marc Zanni 8 years ago in Master modules / MD4 updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 3

I am using an MD4-7 screen on a test bench. 3 out of 4 starts I get either a White Screen or a black screens with some colored dots. Once I saw what seemed to be blocks of black and white.

Looks like the video driver is not starting properly. The application appear to be running since the canbus messages are being generated.

Can this be caused by the regulated switching power supply during start-up or do I have a defective MD4 screen?

Thanks for your inputs.

For older MD4 units, it is possible to get a similar symptom if you ramp up the supply voltage slowly. Perhaps taht could be the issue? There was a hardware update to make it more robust against this situation:

http://forum.iqan.se/topics/299-abnormal-white-screen-after-startup-on-md4/

Having similar issue on MD4-10.  After powering up only get a white screen.  Have reprogrammed the module and a white screen is shown even when the blue reprogramming screen is expected.  Module has less than 100hours of operating time.  Part Number 20077774 - serial number starts with 19.  Have tried downgrading to a 4.0 program without any ability to stop the white screen.  Have used multiple power supplies and same is true with 24V input.  Any way to correct this?

For the issue with a permanent white screen, it sounds as if the module might be damaged. I'd recommend talking to your distributor about the possibility for investigation/repair.