1. What is a license?
A license is a collection of connections. It will be sent to you as a text string and as a file. You can either enter the text string in IQANrun/IQANgo manually, or you can open the file to have it added automatically.
2. How do I obtain a license?
Licenses are purchased online in the IQAN Store.
- You connect to 5 different machines within 24 hours -> counts as 5 connections.
- You connect to the same machine 3 times with at least 24 hours between each time -> counts as 3 connections.
- You connect to the same machine 3 times within the same 24 hour period -> counts as 1 connection.
- On a system that connects to IQANconnect via the Ethernet port, the IQANconnect key is unique to the master module.
- For a system connected to IQANconnect via IQAN-G11 and the IQANgo/IQANsync app, the IQANconnect key is unique to the phone/tablet that runs the app.
- In systems that connect to IQANconnect via the GT telematics gateway, the IQANconnect key is unique to the modem.
In IQANrun/IQANgo, you select to connect via the Internet. The connection dialog box that is shown will show all machines previously connected to. It will also show whether each machine is online and available or not. You can either select one of the machines in the list or add a new one. To add a new machine you need to know its IQANconnect key. There are several ways to get a machine's IQANconnect key.
- You can read the IQANconnect key in the app.
- If there is an IQAN display in the machine, the operator of the machine can find the IQANconnect key in the system menu.
- You can use IQANrun to connect to the machine locally and get the IQANconnect key.
- You buy 100 connections on November 1 in 2016. November 1, 2017, you have used 98 connections -> 2 connections will be lost.
Customer support service by UserEcho