+1
Under review

Show PCC header and text in keypad PIN code dialog

Dingoma 6 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 9

Hello.
we have an application with 3 different pin codes for operator, service and technical department. We want to know if is possible that the message requiering pin code explains wich pin is needed. Something like "USER PIN CODE", "SERVICE PIN CODE". Service and technical pin code varies, so if for any reason operator needs service pin, we can send him, but it is only valid for a period of time. We need to know that the operator is on the correct page (not trying to use service pin when themachine requires the technical's department pin)

There is a workaround, if you use a channel to trigger the PCC, then you get the spinner dialog box, this shows Header and Text also on the MD4. 

But I agree, this should be added to the keypad style PIN code popup also. 

Hello Gustav.

Sorry on delay on answer. We use the PCC to protect an adjust group, so we added the type of pin to the name of the adjust (I think it is similar than your proposal).

Also a question relative to PCC. We use a math calculation to calculate the PCC (not a fixed pcc), but if the calculation is below 1000, for example 810, the PCC takes 810, not 0810, so it is not posible to put the correct value and unlock the access.

We've had a similar problem by having an adjust item as the required pin.

Put in a workaround by having the range be 1000-9999. (but decreases the possible pins by 10% ;-) )

+3

Hello

Here is my solution to have adjustable PIN codes under 1000.

AdjustPIN.idax

Nice, looks way better than the mod 9000 +999 limitation I put in the IQANdesign solution library "PIN code variation 1.01"

+1

You are free to use it Gustav, to update/add to your solution library.

Thank you very much for the solution.

To clarify this idea, changed title on this post to "Show PCC header and text in keypad PIN code dialog".

When using a touch button linked to e.g. an adjust group protected by a PCC, the keypad is shown without header. 

The PCC channel does have a header and text, bu this dialog is only shown when the PCC is triggered by application (e.g. VDIN), or when an external encoder is used: 

However, this way of triggering the PCC will with existing versions only bring up the spinner:

See https://forum.iqan.se/communities/1/topics/687-force-touch-number-pad-for-pin-code-channels