+1

IQANdesign video tutorials on functional safety

Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Pierre Fagrell 4 years ago 3

Two new IQANdesign video tutorials:

IQAN-MC4xFS tutorial part 1, redundancy and diagnostics

This tutorial on the Parker IQAN-MC4xFS functional safety controllers show how IQANdesign can be used to build up safety functions, focusing on the concepts of redundancy and diagnostics.

IQAN-MC4xFS tutorial part 2, safety related function groups

This second part of the tutorial about Parker IQAN-MC4xFS functional safety controllers show how IQANdesign is used when organizing safety functions in safety related function groups.

Thankyou for these videos Gustav, they are very useful.

Do you have any plans for the next training course on functional safety?

Thanks, nice to hear that you appriecate the tutorials!

We have not planned to run the IQAN training course on functional in 2020 (only introduction level training's, see https://forum.iqan.se/communities/1/topics/2241-iqan-training-courses-2020).

I think it could be nice to arrange one next year when some of the current travel restrictions have been lifted. The training course on functional safety that I usually run is 2-days, with plenty of time for discussion and calculation exercise, I am not sure how to fit that into a webinar format and still have a good learning experience. Perhaps with a more narrow scope focusing on some specific questions?

+1

I agree that an in-person course with plenty of time for discussions will probably be more useful for this kind of involved topic. Webinars are great for an overview but the learning experience in a classroom is much more effective.

Let's hope all restrictions are lifted next year and you can arrange a training course, I will attend for sure.