Answered

Iqan connect Server adress

Sigurd Olav 4 years ago in IQANconnect updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 5

Hi, I have a MD4-7" running onboard a vessel connected to the local network onboard for remote diagnostics. The network administrator needs to know the server adress and port number that the iqan needs access to for it to be able to connect to IQAN connect server. This is due to the firewall on the local network onboard. 

The network onboard is asigning the MD4 an adress in the 192.168.36.xxx-series. And IP adress is set to default in IQAN design. 

Answer

+1
Answer

For the MD4 to be able to connect to the IQANconnect server, the firewall must allow for outgoing traffic on TCP port 60100. 

From IQANdesign user manual:

I know this can be problematic if the network administrator can only open up this port for traffic to a specific IP address. 

Does it help to know it is connect.iqan.se ? For load balancing, we have multiple IQANconnect servers starting and stopping. 

Hi Thomas,

I have red that, but what adress does the IQAN-connect server have? if the firewall onboard is blocking the MD4 from connecting to the IQAN-connect server, then we need to know this adress to we can open the firewall to IQAN-connect.   

If i understand correctly as long as the iqan is connected to internet we can remotely connect to the master over IQAN connect from a different network? 

This is the first time we have tried this solution, but i've tried this in our workshop before we sent the unit onboard. 

1: connected the md4 to internet / the company network. 

2: connected to the md4 with iqan design from a different network, using remote diagnostics.

I hope some of this makes sense :) 

+1
Answer

For the MD4 to be able to connect to the IQANconnect server, the firewall must allow for outgoing traffic on TCP port 60100. 

From IQANdesign user manual:

I know this can be problematic if the network administrator can only open up this port for traffic to a specific IP address. 

Does it help to know it is connect.iqan.se ? For load balancing, we have multiple IQANconnect servers starting and stopping. 

+1

Thank you Gustav, I think this should be sufficient information.