Answered

Step size real

Marcel 6 months ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 months ago 4

Hello,

The minimal step size off a real number is 0,01 if I understand correctly. So this means the smallest adjustment through iQan Run for example is 0,01. Is there a possibility to change this and make it smaller? Or is there a workaround?

Can you explain why this is minimal 0,01?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure why they limit it like this. The easiest way to get around it is to just use an integer parameter and then divide it down to the precision you need in a Math channel. So if I wanted 0.001 precision I'd just divide an integer value by 1000. 

In IQANrun, you can type in values with higher resolution. If you show the channel value with a value control on a display page, you can show up to five decimal points. 

Image 4133

But the measure and adjust menus are are all all built with two decimal points, so viewing a parameter that need this higher resolution will be an issue. 

Ok, thanks! If necessary I use the option Toby suggests. Maybe an option to change this in a new version?