Answered

DOUT error code flash on XC23 when output is disabled in IQANdesign

Kevin 3 years ago in Expansion modules / XC2x updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 3 years ago 1

We have an application which has an optional function group containing a DOUT on an XC23 module. This function group is enabled or disabled using a digital parameter. With the function group disabled we get the output grey and 'disabled' state when measuring with IQAN Design, which is correct:

Image 2689

We also have no errors on screen stating open load (we have nothing connected to output because this machine has not got the optional extra fitted). XC23 module has error code flash of DOUT, I suspect open load. Its not logging any errors or open loads in any logs within master module, viewing state of the module using IQAN Run I also get 'OK' and no errors on status screen just the LED status is showing incorrect state directly on the module:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt9sga2eys10gg4/VID_20210720_101414.3gp?dl=0

If I delete the output from IQAN Design the error flash on the module disappears and it goes a steady amber flash, no errors.

Has this been fixed in a newer version? IQAN Design 5.06, MD4-5 M19 and XC23.

Answered

The open load blink code is set locally by the XC21/XC23, this module is not aware of the disabled status in IQANdesign. 

Only when the master module sends a configuration where the DOUT is not used at all will it have the information that it should not check for open load.