Answered

XC21 +BAT diagnostic value possible?

Kevin 1 year ago in Expansion modules / XC2x updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 1 year ago 1

Is there a reason why the XC2x family of modules is missing +BAT diagnostic channel? I'm wondering if its a hardware limitation as the XA2 (below) and other modules appear to support it:

My customer needs to know the value of supply voltage on XC21 to read out on the master display. Unfortunately it needs to be a live readout rather than a digital flag if the module was to drop comms due to a low supply voltage. I will place a simple voltage divider circuit in if there is no workaround possible within the software but thought I would check first.

+1
Answered

The XC21 does not have internal measurement of +BAT.

Not sure if I understood this part

"it needs to be a live readout rather than a digital flag if the module was to drop comms due to a low supply voltage"

If the CAN bus drops while the module still runs, a local input cannot report the supply voltage.. 

If you have an MC4x or XC4x in the system, one suggestion could be to use a VIN32 to measure the XC21 supply. A voltage divider to a regular 0-5V VIN will also work.