CANopen Communication

Vignesh Namasivayam 3 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 months ago 5

Hi all, 

I am trying to find some material like videos or manuals for the CANopen protocol to guide and help me program MD4 master display controller module using IQAN design. I understand the CANopen protocol but not really sure how to set up Transmit and Receive PDO / SDO in the IQAN design since there is no option to import the .eds files directly like the .dbc files. 

All I am trying to do is send some commands to my node from Master and later monitor the status of my node using TX/RX PDOs.

I really appreciate any help or guidance towards CANopen. I am not able to find any existing documentations. 

Thanks

Hi Vignesh, I am having the same problem too. I know this is an older post but did you manage to find anything?

Old post, but it apparently gets some traffic.. 

In the IQANdesign, there is a solutions library example that is worth looking at: 

Image 3568

Is there any support for implementing .eds files as discussed in the original request, or is it necessary to manual enter and en/decode all frames?

+1

Hi River, no support for .eds. I had to manually enter the frames.

There is no support for EDS (see also feature request Any plan to support importing EDS file? / Software / IQAN

But if you can get a DBC file for your CANopen device that has the default mapping of PDOs, you could use that.