Qcode - Search On Comments

Nick Pridham 5 years ago in IQANdesign 0

It would be really useful to be able to search on Qcode comments. For example, if a developer tagged changes with  some sort of date code comment such as "ChangeLog_032_20190527", then it would be nice to be able to search this.

IQANdesign 5.04.14, for MD4:s with multiple SV cameras

IQANdesign 5.04.14 is now available on check for updates. 

This version solves an issue where a camera image could occasionally fail to show after system startup, it could occur on MD4 systems with multiple SV cameras. See release notes:

http://divapps.parker.com/divapps/iqan/Downloads/IQANdesign%205/ReleaseNotes5.04.14.htm

Function for setting and reading specific bit

Noah Breece 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Thomas Moberg (System support) 5 years ago 2

Multi-master system mismatch

Michael Carlyle 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 2

We have a machine here with 3 MC43's and an MD4 - the program seems to load in all the modules fine but on startup MC43-1 is showing offline (like it's started in safe mode maybe?).  We checked the address (ID) tag and it seems to have the correct resistance but when we measure Add_L_voltage - it is reading 3.58 V which seems to be above the 3 V that would put it into safe mode and we get the system mismatch error (3 red flashes followed by 3 yellow.  We have tried 3 modules with the same result (the program was loaded in by Ethernet and by canbus with the same results).

Any ideas as to where/what to check that would cause this voltage to be reading high (assuming that is the problem)?

FYI - when I pull the program from the system (Get Project) the MC43-1 program gets pulled along with the others which makes me think it is in safe mode.

From the manual:

"Safe mode
This is a special start-up mode that is used for master modules and puts the unit in a
safe state without starting any application. You may bypass loading the application in
the MC4x on start up (enter safe mode) in two ways.
1 If the ADDR_L voltage > 3.00V (ADDR_L pin shorted to ADDR_H) is detected
when the module starts (during power up) the application will not be loaded. When safe
mode is desired, a jumper is put across pins 4 and 20 on the C1 connector, in place of
an ID-Tag.
2 The MC4x will also start in safe mode if the ID-Tag is absent. This is an easier
method since you can just remove 1 wire of the ID-Tag "

Answered

Select Page To Display

Carl 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 2

Hi,

Its been years since I have done a MD4 programme and having a memory loss lol.

How do I control which page I want to display on the MD4??

Precision int32 from GPIN

NathanS 5 years ago in IQANdesign 0

We are attempting to input high precision GPS coordinates through signed 4 byte GPINs.  It appears to only be accurate to 7 significant figures.  Are there any methods to input a int32 with more significant figures?

Packing huge (uint32) numbers into J1939 CAN

Rick 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 3

One of our IQANs is doing math with GPS coordinates, and broadcasts the resulting latitude/longitude over J939-CAN. However, we can't pack it properly. Most likely due overflowing a Float or Signed Int32 value.

According to the J1939 guidelines (, Longitude/Latitude are ought to have a scale of 0,000 000 1 (thus 7 decimals), and an offset of 210. This results in huge numbers. They fit in a UINT32 type, but I suspect IQAN juggling them between either float or signed ints, losing a few bits. Smaller inout numbers like  5,1234567 would work, but higher numbers get trashed.

We could reduce the scale to 6 decimals, but in our case we need the very last centimeters for a precission system, so that's not really an option. Plus we'd like to stay close to the J1939 standard. Other suggestions?

IQAN CANOpen Integration

christine 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Thomas Moberg (System support) 5 years ago 1

I'm looking for information about how to use IQAN design with an MD3 & CANOpen module but am coming up short. Can somebody suggest resources that I can look at? For example, I'm trying to load an EDS file but there in no information on if this can be done, or how to do it. If it can't be done, how do I go about decoding each one of my messages in the MD3?

Simplify hiding display pages

Peter Nyman 5 years ago in IQANdesign 0

I request the possibility to use the positive flank of a digital channel to show a displaypage and the negative flank of the same digital to hide it again. This would save a lot of internal digitals. Today i often use an extra digital activated by not(the original digital). Maybe a checkbox close to the show/hide property called use flanks or hide on negative flank.

Camera Feed on display. Connecting vs. Streaming

mdonaldson 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 2

We are having issues troubleshooting some infrequent camera issues and we can't find anything in the documentation.

Curious as the difference when the camera screen states 'Connecting' vs 'Streaming'

Connecting seems to be when no camera is present (IP Address not found?) but we can't seem to figure out what would make the camera screen display 'Streaming' but then this screen just stays up. We do not have immediate access to said camera so I can't do a packet sniff to see what network traffic drives this.

Thanks