Logic Gates in Project Documetation

Zach Dockter 5 years ago in IQANdesign 0

Would it be possible to create logic gates for each output in the project documentation?

IQANdesign 5.04.13 released

We released a small maintenance update of IQANdesign (5.04.13) today. Available on check for updates and on 

https://www.iqan.se/store/downloads.html

Some IQANdesign PC fixes along with MD4 updates for cameras. 

See IQANdesign release notes for details.

An IQANrun 5.04.7 also released, details here

Answered

Speed sensor using IQAN

Hassan 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 3

Hello,

I would like to read Gear speed sensor P/N:01712ECD using IQAN I was wondering if in the iQAN design I only need to input that without any calibrations like then one we do for the analog output one if anyone has an idea let me know? 

Answered

TDA message to set date and time of MC43

Frank GUO 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by A DOMS 12 months ago 15

To setup the date and time for MC43, is that just sending TDA message (PGN54528) onto any CANBUS with any SA?

Currently, I would need to setup the date and time of MC43 by ProDisplay. The message (PGN54528) has been sent on CAN, but MC43 could not pick it up to adjust its date and time.

Answer

Hi Frank.

When i Tested this i just used the CAN database in design and added the TDA message from there.

I did this on a MD4 in a separate project and had a J1939 bus on bus A.

Then i had another project with the MC43 and TDA enabled and added a J1939 bus on A and connected the two modules on A.

But i noticed now when testing that if you are not sending correct values in your TDA it will not work.

For example the offset on the year(1985), locale minute(-125) and local hour(-125) needs to be correct.

so the sending part looks like this for me.

Measure CAN bus Critical Error on channel

Pawel Pekala 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 3

Is there any way of intercepting "CAN BUS Critical Error" using IDC logic for diagnostics purposes? When CAN bus goes into that state is causes all expansion module and /r J1939 modules to go into "no contact" mode but I was wondering if there is a way for IDC to sense critical bus error. 

Cheers   

Proemion server down?

Kevin 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 1

Is the proemion server down, i keep getting this message:

Image 1547

Answered

PROJECT CHECK will not display Errors, Warnigs, or Hints

jstephenson 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 4 years ago 11

My software will not display any errors, warnings, or hints when I go to PROJECT CHECK or when I SEND project.  Help, please.

XC10 PWM out Overload Danfoss PVEA

mdonaldson 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Rainer Vermaasen 5 years ago 6

We are trying to control a Danfoss PVEA however we constantly get a overload fault for the output. We are using a PWM out from an XC10. Reading some other posts I have seen "Trying to command a current below the specified 100 mA limit can trigger either open or overload, as an effect of the regulator becoming unstable."

Given the input impedance Am I fighting a losing battle here?

Image 1546

Answered

NMEA0183

Aurelio Romano 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 2

I have a customer who has a GPS with a communication interface "NMEA0183" and I wonder if it was possible to communicate with Parker MD4 screens?

They have already managed to communicate with NMEA2000 (which is based on J1939) for another project, but I think it's quite different. 

Has anyone ever had any experience with NMEA0183?  It is a Marine protocol.

Answer

I believe NMEA0183 is built on RS232 or serial port hardware.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NMEA_0183

This hardware is not supported with IQAN products without some sort of gateway to convert it to CAN.

Fixed

5.04.8 window will not scroll up when switching function groups

J C. Crow 5 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 years ago 4

IQAN5.04_Bug.PNG

I recently updated from 5.03 to 5.04. When switching between a larger function groups  to a smaller on it will not allow you to scroll up to the top of the function group.  It locks the window with it scrolled down below the top of the view.

I also noticed channel blocks moving on the work space after editing properties.