Completed

Generic parameter in channel (GPIN) Value in simulation

AxelC 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Richard 9 months ago 4
It would be great to be able to enter the GPIN value with keyboard on simulation.
Actually depending on the size of the GPIN the possible values (from the cursor) doesn't allow to test every values.
For exemple, my speed value jump from 311 to 638.
Answered

IQAN J1939 - big or little endian?

C. Harp 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 9 years ago 1
Trying to find out if the JPOUT from IQAN systems is Big Endian or Little Endian? I know that it is a setting for the GPOUT but not sure what the default is for the JPOUT.
Answered

Language

Richard Staite 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 9 years ago 3

Can anyone tell me how to go about doing multi languages for for Text Parameter States

Not a bug

QCode bug: 'result' not in pulldown menu

Dave Minerath 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 6

When I try to use QCode and start typing

result:=

The pulldown menu only shows

<space>:=

after I type the first few chafracters.

So, if I type

re

The menu shows

:=

so I click on it, and the Qcode line ends up looking like this:

re :=(Warning Code Valve 3 GPIN>0)and (Warning Code Valve 3 GPIN<>12 and Warning Code Valve 3 GPIN<>15 )

instead of

result :=(Warning Code Valve 3 GPIN>0)and (Warning Code Valve 3 GPIN<>12 and Warning Code Valve 3 GPIN<>15 )

This worked fine in version 4.00, and seems to be new to 4.01.

Answer

Ok, I see. Some channel types don't use the

Result :=

syntax. Instead they use Qcode commands. The event counter is one of those. Look at the IQ hint for each channel type to see its Qcode syntax. This is from the IQ hint for event counter:

The event counter channel is controlled by using Qcode commands. The following commands are available:

• QIncrease increments the value of the channel.
    • QDecrease decrements the value of the channel.
    • QReset resets the channel value to the value defined by the property Reset value.

So instead you would type something like this:

if (Warning Code > 0) and (Warning Code <> 12) and (Warning Code <> 15) then
  QIncrease
endif

You can read more about it in the user manual, chapter 4, especially page 93 which talks about Qcode commands.

Fixed

IQAN 4.0 bugs

ksilovich 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 2

I have found a few glitches in the new IQAN Design.

1) The page Order number doesn't match in both windows. When moving a page to the bottom of the list. It will move in the main window, but the side bar it will stay in its old place.

Image 281

2) When you hide a component and select one under that hidden one. It will highlight the wrong item. Seems to be off by the number of

hidden components. See below, when you hide item 39 and selecting 40, it actually highlights 41.

Hidden with wrong item highlighted

Image 282

No items hidden with correct item highlighted.

Image 283

In IQAN Run.

3) When adjusting an item. It is covered up and I cant see what I am typing in.

Image 286

4) I was unable to set the machine ID like I normally able to. No matter what I did, I would get the following error. The system is a multi mater (2 MD3's, one at address 0 and 3)Image 284

Fixed

Graph time scale

Conrad Elektro 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 6

Hello, We like the possibility to add graphs with IQANdesign. How can we set the time scale of the graph so that it starts again after 1 second instead of 50 seconds? We like to monitor a movement in 1 or 2 seconds. With the time scale of 50 seconds we can not see the result properly. Is it possible to change it or is there a workaround?

Answered

Simulink --> C-Code --> IQAN MD4 Display

Fero Freitag 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Andy Burky 7 months ago 4

We have created a software model in Simulink and Stateflow. For developing the prototype we have a CAN interface used. Thus, we could create a complex algorithm. By code generator we have created from the algorithm C code. Now to the question: Is it possible to C code to be loaded on the display MD4?

Answered

How do master modules behave when they become optional

Kevin 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Antonio Garcia 3 years ago 8
We are using a system with two master modules, MC3 and MD3. I have several questions regarding how the system behaves when disconnected. We are intending on having only the MC3 set as optional as all the fault logging is done within the MD3.

What happens if the can line is disconnected when the system is live? Will we get any errors within the MD3 or notification to say that its been disconnected?

Also we are having an APP out sent to the MD3 to we are able to flag the disconnection of the modules in the MD3. Will the MD3 be able to pick up the APP in has dropped to low after a disconnect? Im assuming we could have a similar setup on the MC3 logic also?

Regards,

Kevin Arscott.
Fixed

unable to update/download project with MD4 ethernet connection

David Dufour 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Leon Valentin Novac 9 years ago 26
Hi,

I'm actually try to send my project to multiple master configuration.

I have this configuration :

Enclosure 1
MC3 (0) + MD4 (1)

Enclosure 2
MD4 (2) + MD4 (3)

Enclosure 3
MD4 (4) + MD4 (5)

Enclosure 4
MD4 (6) + MD4 (7)

I set the can bus A as Diag network, can bus B as master bus.

Also, I have 4 XA2 connected on the can bus C on the MC3 unit.

I used all node tag without termination.

when I have a success (I need to power down 2 or 4 MD4 to be able to transfer the program),
I got MD4 with version number on the right bottom of the screen.

there is a limitation of the number of equipment who can be updated over the ethernet connection of a MD4 ? is the Can bus adapter will be safer and more stable ?

Also, I tried to transfer the program with all MD4 on the project and I always have the same issues.

Once time I got 2 MD4 with the normal startup page but without communication with the MC3.

Any idea ?

Regards,

David
Answered

remote connection message on MD4

Frank GUO 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Anders Båth 8 years ago 7

Is it possible to have the 'remote connection acceptance' message turned on or off? I am connecting to a MD4 remotely using network. Every time, it will ask to accept the remote connection. Would like to see if that message can be turned on or off somewhere.