Fixed

MC31 and MD4 system no longer updatable via ethernet

Frederick Prigge 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 3

I have a system with an MC31 and a MD4. The major portion of the application runs on the MC31.

I used to be able to update the MD4 via ethernet, then it re-booted in some gateway mode and continued to update the MC31 acting as some ethernet to CAN bridge. This was a great feature. Since a while, maybe since 3.19, the firmware loads into the MD4 via ethernet, reboots and waits for the MC31 but nothing happens. I have waited many minutes and the update never completes. This is using the same hardware and wiring that used to work. Is this a know issue?

Also, maybe un-realated, I now have issues seeing values in debug mode when connected via ethernet, but everything is fine on CAN. Could the parker CAN link between the MC31 and MD4 be saturated? This would explain the bad debug performance as well as the reflash issues.

DDS-Data Distribution System

Nick Pridham 9 years ago in IQANdesign 0
Add a compact footprint DDS capability. DDS is a publisher/subscriber middleware, ethernet based data exchange protocol. There is a growing requirement for this in UK MOD and US DOD land vehicle systems where common vehicle architecture networking requirements means that sub system networking across many different CAN networks adds huge complexity to project development. http://portals.omg.org/dds/

Mode Selector for Value Control

AxelC 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated 9 years ago 2
It would be great to be able to use Mode Selector with a Value Control to be able to make changing text.

Depending of a StateMachine I have 5 text to print, the absence of this functionality make the screen much more complex (playing with 5 booleans and 5 text with visibility on the booleans).

I work on MD4 and MD3

Output fréquency

Masia Jean-Baptiste 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 9 years ago 2
Answered

ability to have separate light and action on button, same for the text

David Dufour 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 9 years ago 2
Hi,

There is something planned to allow the button to be light separately from the action ? Something like industrial HMI.

I mean to be able to have an independent condition to make it lighted. It could be interesting to monitor status or block action and user will see that the button didn't comes on.

Also, in a future upgrade, there is a plan to add different text when on and off states?

Regards,

David
Completed

The Memorizing Channel

Ulf Bergquist 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 4
The Memorizing Channel have the possibility to ad a state machine to the Aktivation of memorising but it has only one memory. I like to have one memory to ea. state when use a statmachine. Can this be implemented?

IQANdesign 3.19.10 released

Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 0

Minor update of IQANdesign available in Check for update in IQANdesign ( Help menu -> Check for updates)

The changes affect IQANdesign and IQAN-MD4 (no version update on firmware for other master modules)

For details, see:

http://divapps.parker.com/divapps/iqan/Downloads/IQANdesign%203/ReleaseNotes3.19.10.htm

Not a bug

MD4 update failure when using G2 modem remotely

Kevin 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 7
We have recently updated a machine from 3.14 to 3.16 to fix the remote update issue with 'unstable connection' on MD4 when updating using G2 modem. Our system is 1 x MD4, 2 x MC3.

I updated the whole system to 3.16 using a CAN communication device successfully (updating both the firmware and then the application). I then proceeded to update the application again using IQAN design 3.16 remotely through the G2 modem and both MC3's update successfully but the MD4 always hangs and it then errors in IQAN Design saying no reply from master module.

Of the 4 attempts three attempts just displayed application deleted (didn't get to the stage of progress of updating the software) and the other time it got to 68% and hung until IQAN Design said no reply from master module.

Can you advise what my problem may be, if its a bug in the software anywhere still please?
Answered

image iso on md3

Masia Jean-Baptiste 9 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 9 years ago 4
Hello
It's possible to use a ISO image on the MD3 ?
Because i can't .

Best regards
Jean-Baptiste
RGDH
Develloper for IQan system

Answer
Yes, this is possible. To make the ISO symbols work on the MD3, they must be specified as BMP.

When using a BMP on the MD3, it will be automatically compressed, so size of the image is not that much of an issue.
For the MD4 however, the original file format is kept, and on the MD4 is best to always use PNG.

Although you do specifiy a file format for the ISO sympols, the option to export the images from the project file is grayed out by IQANdesign for these images. This is due to license restrictions.
Fixed

IQAN 4 bugs

ksilovich 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 6

I found a few bugs/annoyances in the new IQAN 4 design.

1)

I can not get any program to simulate. If I click run in Design or if I open it up straight from simulate I am getting this error.

Image 270

2)

The other annoyance is with the bottom Object List dialog box. Is there a way to pin it to stay open no matter what. It will close when you click on the background of the function group. IQAN 3 it never closed, and I prefer it that way.